DIGNITY HOUSING, A SOCIAL SERVICE AND HOUSING AGENCY,
SEEKS MOTIVATED AND ENERGETIC INDIVIDUAL
INTAKE AND PROGRAM ASSOCIATE
Organization Summary: The Committee for Dignity and Fairness for the Homeless Housing Development, Inc. (doing business as Dignity Housing), grew out of the sustained advocacy efforts by Philadelphia’s homeless activists during the mid-to late 1980s. Dignity Housing accomplishes its mission – to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty that confronts low-income families and individuals in Philadelphia – through the provision of affordable housing in combination with supportive services that stabilize individuals and families, and promote self-sufficiency.
Position Summary: The role of the Intake and Program Associate is to assist in coordinating Dignity Housing’s applicant intake process ensuring that intake inquiries and referrals are processed in a timely manner, follows-up with applicants and other entities are completed, and documentation and reports are prepared and submitted. Additionally, Assisting the social service staff with program supports related to residents’ documentation, activities and resources.
The Intake and Program Associate is responsible for the following:
- Process all incoming preliminary housing applications, including creating a file folder for each applicant, and data entry into external and internal database. Answer inquiries regarding application process and status.
- Conduct interviews and intake orientation as needed for current and future housing vacancies.
- Conduct screenings, assist applicants with completing paperwork.
- Liaison with outside providers to assist in collecting information and documentation on behalf of applicants.
- Enter information for new, current and transitioning residents into the City’s Office of Homelessness Services (OHS) Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Update all intake forms as needed and adjust the intake process based on funding sources requirements.
- Assist with resident move-in, establish new resident file binder, monitor resident documentation, search and gather resources for residents, assist with resident activities, and resident transition.
- Prepare internal and external reports.
- Participate in regularly scheduled trainings, meetings and supervision.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree; 2-years experience preferred servicing disadvantage individuals and families, working with a diverse population and passionate about improving the lives of others
- Experience working within a non-profit/social service environment preferred.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Proficiency in most general computer systems and application required, including: Microsoft Office 365 and Client Database Management, particularly the City’s Office of Homeless Services Homeless Management Information System
Salary and Benefits:
- Full-time position, $16 – $18 per hour depending on experience
- Medical coverage after 30-days employment
- Generous paid holidays
- Occasional advance training opportunities
- Expert consultations & guidance with LCSW
How to Apply:
Mail, Fax or Email Resume & Writing Sample to:
5227-R Germantown Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19144