DIGNITY HOUSING, A SOCIAL SERVICE AND HOUSING AGENCY,
SEEKS A SELF-MOTIVATED AND ENERGETIC INDIVIDUAL
Organization Summary: The Committee for Dignity and Fairness for the Homeless Housing Development, Inc. (doing business as Dignity Housing), grew out of the sustained advocacy efforts by Philadelphia’s homeless activists during the mid-to late 1980s. Dignity Housing accomplishes its mission – to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty that confronts low-income families and individuals in Philadelphia – through the provision of affordable housing in combination with supportive services that stabilize individuals and families, and promote self-sufficiency.
Position Summary: The position reports directly to the Executive Director. The role of the Property Manager is to take care of the many aspects of the day-to-day operation of Dignity Housing’s 59 units scattered throughout Northwest Philadelphia and 1 unit located in Southwest Philadelphia, making sure they are well maintained, in compliance with housing standard codes and regulatory requirements, and provide a safe and secure environment for residents. The Property Manager overall responsibilities include routine inspect of the facilities, grounds, units and equipment to determine whether maintenance or repairs are needed, engage with contractors and vendors to obtain pricing and bids for maintenance and repair services, & provides leadership to the property management staff ensuring the day-to-day operations are carried out. Additionally, the Property Manager’s role is to enforce Dignity Housing leasing policies, as well as comply with laws governing fair housing standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directly supervise property management staff.
- Oversee subcontracted personnel.
- Oversee completion and submission of weekly, monthly, annual reports as required.
- Complete performance evaluations for all supervised staff.
- Coordinate with social service staff as required.
- Manage and implement property management plan, goals and objectives as related to the duties and responsibilities of the department.
- Ensure annual renewal of occupancy certificates and licenses for all units is obtained.
- Oversee leasing move-in procedure and process.
- Manage accurate rental/leasing records of units and submission timely reports as requested utilizing property management database (i.e., rent payments, delinquency reports, move-in/move-outs, vacancies, unit repairs etc.).
- Ensure all rents and fee charges are collected and posted in a timely manner.
- Generate necessary tenant legal action and documentation in accordance with agency and state guidelines.
- Develop and implement a maintenance plan and procedure manual including all housing standard codes and policies.
- Ensure properties are well maintained, complete recurring visits to properties ensuring compliance with housing standards and positive curb appeal. Check to make sure the grounds and common areas are clean and free from trash and debris.
- Solicit bids from competitive venders for unit repairs, turnovers, inspection requirements, lawn and cleaning services and snow removal.
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning bids/quotes; proper licensing, certificates of insurance and other required documents; work scheduling and completion, invoicing and documentation.
- Oversee generated work orders/service requests in property management database for maintenance and repairs.
- Review and manage work orders/service requests and provide direction to maintenance staff to ensure work is completed as required and in a satisfactory manner.
- Coordinate with maintenance staff to order supplies as needed for repairs and maintenance.
- Schedule and manager all turnover activities/tasks, Follow-up with vendors as needed.
- Schedule and complete move-out inspections and related paperwork to determine any charges to be paid by vacating resident.
- Coordinate and schedule preventive maintenance work including pest control and treatments.
- Follow Capital Improvement Request process for items outlined in budget
- Obtain current Liability/Work Comp Insurance Certificates for each contractor and complete new vendor paperwork.
- Confirm purchased items are within budget prior to making purchases.
- Ensure all vendor invoices are submitted to accounting department for payment in a timely manner.
Housing Compliance Management:
- Be familiar with Affirmative Fair Housing laws and regulations.
- Be familiar with PHA and HUD requirements, regulations, forms and procedures for effective facility management.
- Ensures buildings are managed in accordance with all regulatory requirements.
- Be familiar with resident selection criteria and procedures, as well as occupancy requirements.
- Oversee resident move-in/move-out, as well as PHA application process and recertification.
- Oversee RDA initial and recertification process and paperwork, as well as annual report.
- Oversee staff assistance to residents obtaining third party verifications for recertification and initial move in.
- Ensure that housing applications and re-certifications are completed accurately and in compliance with funding and regulatory requirements.
- Review and forward all required applicant and resident documents to Social Service Department.
- Review pertinent documentation related to funding regulations and ensures documentation and reporting are submitted to compliance during audits
- Ensure that the lease and unit information and files are properly maintained and kept up to date in accordance with procedures.
- Oversee leasing process including security deposit and first month rent payment.
- Manage eviction process for non-payment of fees.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years’ experience; or Associate’s Degree and 6 years’ experience; or High School Diploma/GED and 10 years’ office or property management experience. Prefer experience to include four (4) years managing multiple-site residential properties within a nonprofit/supportive services environment.
- A minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience with strong supervisory skills.
- Hands-on approach with strong organizational skills, detail-oriented.
- Good writing and excellent inter-personal skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to climb stairs and lift 20 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Familiar with property management database, preferably Buildium.
- Prior work experience with PHA, HUD and/or PHFA properties & regulations preferred.
Salary and Benefits
- Full-time position, 35 – 40 hours/week
- Salary range $40,400 – $45,100 depending on experience
- Medical coverage after 30-days employment
- Generous paid holidays
- Occasional advance training opportunities
Resume Deadline: October 31, 2018
How to Apply:
Mail, Fax or Email Resume with Cover Letter to:
5227-R Germantown Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19144
Dignity Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position requires criminal background check and drug screen.