Property Maintenance and Service Manager
Position Summary: The position reports directly to the Executive Director. The role of the Property Maintenance and Service Manager is to take care of the many aspects of the day-to-day operation of Dignity Housing’s 60 residential units, making sure they are well maintained, in compliance with housing standard codes and regulatory requirements, and provide a safe and secure environment for residents.
The Property Maintenance and Service Manager overall responsibilities include:
- Routine inspection of the facilities, grounds, units and equipment to determine whether maintenance or repairs are needed,
- Work with contractors and vendors to obtain pricing and bids for maintenance and repair services, and
- Lleadership to the property management staff ensuring the day-to-day operations are performed.
Additionally, the Property Maintenance and Service Manager’s role is to enforce Dignity Housing leasing policies, as well as comply with laws governing fair housing standards. This position will require some overtime, holiday and weekend work, and will include an “on-call” rotation to ensure emergencies are responded to on a timely basis.
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE FOR THIS POSITION
AND DO NOT MEET REQUIREMENTS
Required Experience and Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED and at least 5 years’ property management experience (College Degree a plus). Preferred experience to include managing multiple-site residential properties within a nonprofit/supportive services environment.
- A minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience with strong supervisory skills.
- Hands-on approach with strong organizational skills, detail-oriented.
- Good writing and excellent inter-personal skills.
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Rounded knowledge of building trades including plumbing, electric, gas systems, and construction and landscaping (Universal HVAC certified & other certificates a plus)
- Ability to climb stairs and lift 20 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be familiar with property management database, preferably Buildium.
- Prior work experience with PHA, HUD and/or PHFA properties & regulations preferred.
Salary and Benefits
- Full-time position, 35 – 40 hours/week
- Salary range $38,400 – $43,100 depending on experience
- Medical coverage after 30-days employment and generous paid holidays
- Occasional advance training opportunities
Resume Deadline: November 2, 2018
How to Apply:
Mail or Email Resume with Cover Letter to:
Dignity Housing, 5227-R Germantown Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19144
Dignity Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This position requires criminal background check and drug screen.